Enriching Elements Gifts for Life beautiful Hand Crafted Gift Hampers all (Excluding Midi Packs range) include an oil burner for you to use your Essential Oils aromatically. However they are also available for individual purchase, check out our Oil Burners and other fun stuff range.
There are many different kinds of Oil Burners/Diffusers/Vaporisers available, however we use and recommend candle burners. The candlelight adds a gentle ambiance that works in sync with the gentle diffusion of the oil aroma in the air. Therefore creating the ideal atmosphere for you to practice your relaxation and meditations.
Keep oil burner and oils out of reach of children and away from anything that may be pulled or knocked over. Never Leave the candle burning unattended. It is recommended you check the burner every hour or so when the candle is lit to make sure your mixture hasn’t evaporated and the oil burned.
General Precautions you need to be aware of before use:
1. It is not recommended that Essential Oils are taken internally (Swallowed) without proper medical advice.
2. If you have any serious illness, always consult a medical professional prior to using any oils. Essential Oils are not a substitute for any medication or treatment prescribed by a medical practitioner.
3. Certain Essential Oils should be avoided during Pregnancy, particularly in the first 4 months. These oils include: Basil, Clary Sage, Juniper, Rosemary, Marjoram, Fennel, Clove Bud, Cypress, Peppermint, Cedarwood, Lemongrass, Chamomile, Wintergreen (Avoid for entire pregnancy)
4. Some oils can cause skin photosensitisation to ultra-violet rays from the sun. Avoid exposure to the sun for at least 4 hours after application of the following oils: Bergamot, Lemon, Orange.
5. People with high blood pressure, epilepsy, neural disorders, kidney disease should avoid certain oils eg. Cypress, Rosemary. Always consult a Medical Practitioner before using ANY oils if you have a pre-existing medical condition.
6. When using oils if you have any kind of reaction, or if you are treating an ailment and symptoms persist, stop using and consult a medical practitioner.
7. Keep to the recommended dosage. Using too much will often have the opposite effect and will build up toxicity in the body, especially Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage, Marjoram.
8. Essential oils should always be diluted.
9. Do not use Essential Oils on newborn babies until 3 weeks old and then only 1 drop of Lavender in the bath, or in 20mls of carrier oil for massage. From 5 months to 12 years all oil dosages for adults should be a quarter diluted (divide adult dosage in 4).
10. Store oils in a closed dark container, in a cool place away from sunlight. Your Enriching Elements Gifts for life Treasure Chest Hamper is designed to keep your oils cool and safe to prolong their life. Keep your Treasure Chest indoors and away from sunlight.
11. Avoid oil contact with plastic, varnish or paint.
12. Some oils should be avoided before driving or if alcohol has been consumed as they can cause drowsiness: Clary Sage, Marjoram, Ylang Ylang
You can of course blend your oils for massage, cosmetic and hair preparations, however, if you choose to apply your oils to the skin or hair there are certain precautions you need to be aware of. See our Methods of Use page for more details.